Element Armour SATCOM Tent Features
• Polymer zippers to avoid RF interface
• Removable floor so protective tent can be placed over the top of terminal during operation
• Multiple vents and doors for increased airflow and inside climate control
• Room enough for baseband, crypto and
• Air conditioning ports (Defender 6, 10 & 13)
• “Snow flaps” for anchor point options when on non stakeable ground (ie: pavement, rooftop)
• Patented pole locking system for quick deploy and stow (under 3 minutes)
Element Armour is the worlds first and only tent company focused on protecting satellite terminals. Most VSAT’s are built tough, but after weeks and months of continuous use, even the toughest of terminals start to break down.
Element Armour manufactures RF permeable tents for the use of covering VSAT’s and other potentially weather sensitive equipment to aid in protection from wind, water and heat as well as for camouflage.
Is your SATCOM garage kept?
Research shows that environmental factors are the major cause of very small aperature terminal (VSAT) failures in the first 2 years of use. Element Armour’s line of protective tents significantly limit the impact of the adverse environmental factors such as rain, snow, heat, direct sunlight, sand, and wind. They also add a layer of camouflage. In other words, most VSAT’s work perfectly in a controlled environment, but problems begin with deployment to harsh areas when it is most important that they work as intended.
The Defender 13 will help control the environment in which the satellite terminal operates, therefore increasing the overall life of the terminal while decreasing communications downtime.
Element Armour provides a protective barrier that will decrease communications downtime while extending the overall life of VSAT terminals.
Protection from wind, rain, heat and direct sunlight while allowing RF signals to penetrate. terminals.